startAbout UsFor ConsumersFor FoodserviceFor Educators

Frequently Asked Questions

Search Knowlege Base


Home | Category: General Food Safety

General Food Safety

Who do I call when I have food safety questions?

Rating: 50

If you receive calls from consumers regarding home preparation of food for sale to the public; the safety and sanitation at grocery stores/convenience stores, excluding the deli section; or food processing facilities located in North Carolina then have the consumer call the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Food and Drug Protection at 919.733.7366. Have consumer call their local health department if they questions about restaurants, nursing home foodservice, hospital foodservice, or the deli section of a grocery store.

PREPARED BY: Angela M. Fraser, Ph.D., Associate Professor/Food Safety Specialist, NC State University in July 2004

Not UsefulVery Useful