startAbout UsFor ConsumersFor FoodserviceFor Educators

Frequently Asked Questions

Search Knowlege Base

in


Home | Category: Canning -- Jams and Jellies


Canning -- Jams and Jellies

What do I do if there's mold on my jellied fruit product?

Rating: 100

Discard jams and jellies with mold on them. The mold could be producing a mycotoxin (poisonous substance that can make you sick). USDA and microbiologists recommend against scooping out the mold and using the ramaining jam or jelly. Source: Original FAQ posted at http://128.192.83.157/faq/FAQ_home.php

Not UsefulVery Useful