Program for Child Care Workers
- Child Care Fact Sheets -- A series of fact sheets that summarize the steps to control outbreaks in daycare facilities.
INSTRUCTOR SLIDE SETS -- Two slide sets and corresponding fact sheets have been prepared to help childcare providers create a safe and healthy environment. The first slide focuses on general environmental issues and the second focuses specifically on food safety issues
- Protecting Young Children -- A fact sheet that presents a summary of the general environmental health issues that are specific to the daycare/child care setting.
- Food Safety -- A fact sheet that presents a summary of general food safety issues found in the daycare/child care environment.
- Food Safety Practices -- This checklist should be used by daycare providers to assess the food safety practices that are currently being applied within their operation.
- Food Safety Knowledge -- This short knowledge instrument should be used at the end of the program to determine if individuals understand the information presented.
SUPPLEMENTAL TRAINING MATERIALS
- Food Safety Music -- Parodies of popular songs to make it fun to learn about food safety
- Child Care Center Rules -- sanitation and food protection rules for facilities that are operating in the State of North Carolina